Saturday, October 11, 2008

You're kidding me.

I am a single female.

Ninety-nine percent of my co-workers and customers are of the male type. I've recently learned that if any customer takes an interest in me and decides to ask my co-workers about me, this is the general reply:

"She's single, you should ask her out."

One of my co-workers loves to see people squirm, he even smiled and remarked on how he thinks it would be awesome to watch that type of uncomfortable conversation unfold.

Thankfully, most of the customers have realized that it would be really awkward if I turned them down and then they still have to shop at our store, so they've been smart and not acted on my lovely co-workers advice.

There are several levels on which this pisses me off. He has a daughter and I am starting to think that daughters are bestowed upon guys who have asshole tendencies when it comes to women. He has a wife, I have no idea if she had to deal with this sort of bullshit or not. But if she did, I'm sure he was compassionate enough to say "Deal with it."

The getting hit-on part I can deal with. Co-workers that encourage it for their amusement, that's just a bit much for me.

No comments: