Thursday, October 1, 2009

Home.






I no longer feel restless.

It's a strange feeling to no longer look for where you belong.

I've been here for about six months. In the six months I've been here, I've ran into (randomly) three or so people that I know. I lived in AZ for almost 11 years and ran into one person. One.

I miss my family terribly. The half-hour, 2 hour, or 6 hour drive depending on which family we are talking, has now turned into a few hundred dollar flight and time off work adventure. An adventure on which cannot happen soon enough. I don't want to push it off too much longer but life being what it is...alas.

I've spent time with my "nephew" and loved snuggling with him, when he's not telling me to "Be Quiet!" So much for positive reinforcement. I've shopped with my best friend since middle school and marveled at the life that happens while shopping for vacation clothes. I've tackled another friend from middle school near the beer garden at a concert, the look of surprise and happiness warmed my cold little heart.

I've applied and interviewed for more jobs than I'd like to think about; I've had a great man by my side while I struggled to find my place in this wet world. He's been there to wipe my tears when I let the world get to me and kick my ass back into gear when I wallow in my misery a little too much.

I have family here and there that will never let me fall too far.

How could I have gotten so lucky?

I love you all. Thank you for everything then, now, and to be.

No comments: