Thursday, August 21, 2008

"You can't pick up chicks in a tank!"

My boss is going to have to have some sort of emergency surgery. He's generally okay but not okay enough to avoid surgery. 

I'm hoping I get to play in the company golf tournament this year. I'm not a hack but I'm not great. I muddle through and usually enjoy the frustration that is golf. Hopefully, we'll play best ball and it will all work out and be fun. 

My favorite vendor done screwed up, yet again. I again made a phone call to let them know of the issue. Fortunately, it was a mistake that we (meaning mainly the warehouse guys) were able to fix with no major headaches but plenty of belly-aching by my warehouse guys (and I don't blame them for bitching, not a bit). Happily, a manager at this vendor's office, had some DBacks tickets available. I was able to score two pairs for our trouble. I had the warehouse manager pick a game he wanted to go to and I picked for the other pair. 

Our branch is also getting lunch courtesy of this vendor. Long story short on that one? While in town visiting our branch, a manager for this vendor spoke with one of the more vocal warehouse guys, the manager left his card with the warehouse guy. The warehouse guy called that manager and expressed his dismay at this recent screw-up and we are now getting pizza for 15 people. 

Yay?

Why is it that most every weekend, I'm searching for things to do and this weekend I've been invited to do 10 different things?? WTF?  I don't mind though, my mommy is coming to see me! Hopefully, we'll get to play a round of golf too! 

No comments: