Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Glad I went.

I don't want to go back.

To the ER, that is.

I had one kick-ass migraine headache on Tuesday. I've had headaches like that before but never that bad. I'd like to think that I'm a tough girl but that headache had me curled up in pain. 

One of my buddies was kind enough to take me to the ER around 2130. I got drugs around midnight, a CT around 1. I was put back into the waiting room to wait for the results of the CT. I had three different vials of really neat drugs running in my system and was twitching like no-other and trying to sleep in a chair. I gave up and moved over to a desk near the front entrance, I figured if I could sleep at a desk in school, I can sleep at a desk in the hospital. 

Around 0400 I asked if I had to wait for the results of the CT before I could be released. The short answers was yes. I stumbled back to the official waiting area and snoozed some more. Around 600 I was called back to get the results of my CT. I got to lay in a bed, I got two new warm blankets and a pulse/o2 monitor to wear on my finger. I'd start to doze off and the damn monitor would beep because my heart-rate would drop below fifty. When I was I first hooked up, I had a heart-rate of 66. I'd like to think the low heart-rate is due to being in decent shape and not a medical malady. No one ran into to check on me when the damn thing would beep so I figure I'm okay. 

I finally got the all clear and was allowed to go home around 730 Wednesday morning. 

No comments: