Monday, September 1, 2008

I cook and play hockey!

Thanks Wood

I have a playoff game tonight at 7. It won't really matter what I eat for dinner since I'm on the no-scoring-second-line-that-keeps-being-reminded-to-keep-the-shifts-short-by-the-three-minute-a-shift-first-liners. But I decided that since I have a free day I'd take advantage of it and make some fud.

I boiled orecchiette pasta. While that was draining I used the same pot to heat up some olive oil. To that I added freshly minced garlic and red pepper flakes, I let those flavors mingle for a few minutes before adding in seasoned breadcrumbs, enough to make a paste but not too thick. Once all the crumbs have absorbed the oil, mix in the pasta and viola! You have an awesome tasting carb-heavy dish.  Inspiration here

Next on the list is banana bread and then chicken sausage. 

No comments: