Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Too quiet.

I've received a promotion. I've earned a promotion. I've been promoted. 

I think my parents are more excited than I am. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of what I've accomplished to get to this point. I've worked hard to get to this point in my career. It's a huge stepping stone to my (so-far) ultimate career goal with this company. I told my mom and dad over the phone, I think my dad may have jumped out of a chair when he heard the news. Mom was just as thrilled and I know that Wood was just as happy and proud of me as they are. I'm a lucky kid to have that many grown-ups looking out for me. Dad and I are going to go to dinner to celebrate. Mom decided that she would drink a margarita for me, I'm sure Wood drank a beer in salute as well. 

What did I do? I went to the gym and lifted for an hour and then ran for 30 minutes to get to that 3.2 miles. Well, I ran about 2.75 miles before I ran out of gas and then had to slow down to an easy jog. But who cares, I did it. :)

Isn't this one of those movie moments where you're supposed to go out with your friends and at least celebrate at happy hour? Or go goofy-golfing? I'm not complaining, just saying. 

Anyone want to come over and help me drink this bottle of wine?

No comments: