Monday, July 21, 2008

You're stronger than you thought

And you're not as smart as you think you are.



Flicker::pictures

Styling::hair

Episode: One. As in Star Wars

Sexier: shoulders than you! 

Studious: Hopefully me. Class officially started today. Hooray Intertubes.

Mushroom: 1 up

8 minutes: run hard

Bald: uncles

Immunity: reality tv

Sectioned: oranges

(found here)


In other not-news...

I ran 1.5 miles today in 16 minutes. Not too shabby. I'm very proud of this run as it means I'm in better shape than I thought. And I had the discipline to keep running for the entire time. I now know that I can run three miles with no problem as long as I train smart. Smart is not historically something I've done well. Ask my parents, they'll tell you. 

I bought an already seasoned cast-iron indoor grill/griddle jobbie yesterday. I used it tonight to grill(!) some chicken. Verdict? I need more fans. Or to learn how to cook with less smoke emanating from said grill. Casa de Pooh looks alot smaller when the kitchen is filled with a light grey chicken smelling haze and the living room is quickly filling with the same. At least it wasn't burnt-food smoke. And the fire alarm was very forgiving, I really do appreciate that it didn't go off. The towel that is still hanging over the alarm might have something to do with that.

Mom, if you're reading this; the Christmas stockings you made me? They make excellent pot holders. Just in case you were wondering about the multi-taskablilty of your crafts. Wonder no more, now you know. 

And knowing is half the battle.


No comments: